Bluesky, a leading aerial survey and geospatial data company in the UK, is seeking an experienced and dynamic IT Manager to join its expanding team. The successful candidate will ideally be based at our head office in Ashby-de-la-Zouch, Leicestershire, however consideration will be given to hybrid or remote working. There will also be the opportunity to travel to Bluesky’s other locations in Ireland, the US and India.
Data is often described as ‘the new oil’ and Bluesky is a leader in one of quickest moving and exciting data industries. Geospatial and location data are integral in many of the products that we use on daily basis. Imagine being responsible for the IT infrastructure supporting some of this groundbreaking tech.
As Bluesky’s IT Manager, you will be responsible for the management and maintenance of our IT infrastructure, software systems and networks, ensuring that our technology platform continues to deliver high-quality and efficient services to our customers and our team. You will also support the R&D and Innovation team from an IT perspective in the development of new and existing geospatial products and assist in the improvement of internal systems and processes to increase productivity.
- Design, develop and implement IT policies and procedures to ensure that Bluesky’s IT infrastructure and services meet the needs of our business and customers
- Manage, maintain and upgrade our hardware, software and network infrastructure to ensure maximum availability, security and reliability
- Lead and deliver IT accreditations such as ISO and Cyber Essentials
- Ensure the internal and external teams provide technical support to users, ensuring all IT issues are resolved in a timely and effective manner
- Manage and monitor our cloud services, including Office 365, Azure and AWS, etc
- Lead and manage our IT team, ensuring that staff are trained, developed and motivated to deliver high-quality IT services
- Liaise with external suppliers and service providers to ensure that we have the best technology solutions to support our business operations
- Manage the IT budget, ensuring that all expenditure is effectively controlled and managed
- Keep up to date with emerging technologies and trends in the IT industry and recommend improvements and changes to Bluesky’s IT systems and infrastructure to the Board of Directors
- Proven experience as an IT Manager or similar role, with a strong technical background in IT infrastructure, software systems and networks
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft technologies, including Office 365, Windows Server and Azure
- Experience of managing and developing a team of IT professionals
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to build effective relationships with stakeholders across the business
- A degree in a relevant IT or computing discipline.
- Experience in the geospatial industry or similar would be a great benefit
- Experience of PowerBI
- Experience of Machine Learning and or Artificial Intelligence
- Experience of geospatial software packages, GIS, gaming engines
- Knowledge of OGC compliant Web Service protocols, WMS, WMTS, WFS
Package and Benefits:
- Salary plus company bonus scheme
- Life insurance and company pension
- Sodexo discounts, benefits and childcare voucher scheme
- Free daily HIIT, Yoga, Bootcamp and relaxation sessions
Please email a CV and covering letter to: email@example.com. Applications must include a CV.
Applications with no CV attached will be disregarded immediately.
Applicants MUST already be eligible to work in the UK.
Bluesky is an Equal Opportunities Employer and is committed to the safety and wellbeing of all.