Trainee Airborne Operator
Bluesky is the leading aerial survey company in the UK and has an enviable reputation in the UK GIS sector as a result of a portfolio of high-profile projects with clients that include Central Government, Local Authorities and commercial customers across a range of sectors across the globe. Following many successful years, we need to further expand our team to meet the growing demand for our products and services. So, would you like to join our team, and be part of our success?
The purpose of the role is to work alongside the existing aerial survey operations team and assist with the delivery and fulfilment of high-quality aerial survey projects and ensuring that all opportunities are maximised, and the data is of the highest quality and to the required specification.
Based at our head office in Ashby de la Zouch, Leicestershire and Birmingham Airport.
The responsibilities for the position of Trainee Airborne Sensor Operator include, but are not limited to:
- Operate airborne camera and sensing systems, including Vexcel Eagle, Optech Galaxy, Leica CityMapper
- Ensure the sensor systems are calibrated at an operation level at all times in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions
- Liaise with sensor manufacturers about maintenance and other issues
- Liaise with ATC and other departments for flight permissions
- Survey mission planning (flight planning)
- Assist sales with enquiries and quotes
- Sensor Installation
- Liaise with aircraft operators and ensure all permissions, visas etc. are in place before project commencement
- Monitor weather conditions to identify appropriate weather windows for data capture.
- Field testing and calibration of instruments
- Assist with LiDAR production and processing
- Undertake and assist with LiDAR and ground truthing
- Co-ordinate survey missions to ensure maximum efficiency
At all times behave responsibly and professionally. Bluesky is a dynamic, friendly and hard-working company with a “can-do” attitude. Teamwork is promoted throughout the company and across departments and you are expected to embrace and promote these Bluesky ethics.
- Must be eligible to work in the UK and communicate fully in English
- An understanding of Aerial Survey and Remote Sensing
- Organisational and multi-tasking skills
- Analytical, Numeracy and well-developed Interpersonal skills
- Diplomacy and the ability to work to deadlines
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A degree in a Geographical, Remote Sensing or GIS related discipline
Package & Benefits:
- Salary + company bonus scheme
- Life insurance and company pension
- Sodexo discounts, benefits and childcare voucher scheme
- Free daily HIIT, Yoga, Bootcamp and relaxation sessions
Please email a CV and covering letter to: email@example.com
Applications must include a CV. Applications with no CV attached will be disregarded immediately.
Applicants MUST already be eligible to work in the UK.
Bluesky is an Equal Opportunities Employer and is committed to the safety and wellbeing of all.