Bluesky is the leading aerial survey company in the UK and has an enviable reputation in the UK GIS sector as a result of a portfolio of high-profile projects with clients that include Central Government, Local Authorities and commercial customers across a range of sectors across the globe. Following many successful years, we need to further expand our team to meet the growing demand for our products and services. So, would you like to join our team, and be part of our success?
The purpose of the role is to process aerial imagery from a variety of sensors and generate a range of products. These products include dense DSM and true orthos but the imagery will be processed to a stage where its use includes 3D topographic mapping, detailed DTM generation, 3D building models, 3D textured mesh models. You will be required to interact with fellow team members, flight operations, project managers, sales team and the end customer.
- Process raw aerial imagery from the Vexcel and CityMapper sensors.
- Perform radiometric adjustments on the nadir and oblique imagery to ensure the best possible image appearance.
- Perform aerial triangulation adjustments to determine highly accurate exterior orientations so the highest possible accuracy is achieved for all downstream products.
- Generate dense DSM datasets from the aerial imagery.
- Generate high resolution true orthos, RGB and RGBI.
- Track and record project status through the entire imagery workflow.
- Manage data storage volumes, assigning datasets for archival.
- Select ground control point locations for aerial imagery blocks.
- Liaise with project managers to understand delivery schedules and specifications.
- Perform quality and accuracy checks on generated data.
- Work with other members of the team, including flight operations to ensure the highest quality data is produced.
- Troubleshoot and solve routine image data processing issues.
- Assist other members of staff with queries about image data.
- Develop your own skills in geo-data processing.
- To carry out other tasks within reason to assist in the efficient running of the company.
- Improve data workflows and products where possible.
The ideal candidate should have an aptitude for problem solving, attention to detail and have a good knowledge of photogrammetry.
At all times behave responsibly and professionally. Bluesky is a dynamic, friendly and hard-working company with a “can-do” attitude. Teamwork is promoted throughout the company and across departments and you are expected to embrace and promote these Bluesky ethics.
- Must be eligible to work in the UK and communicate fully in English
- This role is based 3 days in the office, 2 at home. Applicants must be available to work from either our Coleraine office in Northern Ireland or Ashby de la Zouch, England
Package & Benefits:
- Competitive salary based on experience + company bonus scheme + commission package
- Life insurance and company pension
- Sodexo discounts, benefits and childcare voucher scheme
- Free daily HIIT, Yoga, Bootcamp and relaxation sessions
Please email a CV and covering letter to: email@example.com Applications must include a CV.
Applications with no CV attached will be disregarded immediately.
Applicants MUST already be eligible to work in the UK.
Bluesky is an Equal Opportunities Employer and is committed to the safety and wellbeing of all.