Bluesky is the leading aerial survey company in the UK and has an enviable reputation in the UK GIS sector as a result of a portfolio of high-profile projects with clients that include Central Government, Local Authorities and commercial customers across a range of sectors across the globe. Following many successful years, we need to further expand our team to meet the growing demand for our products and services. So, would you like to join our team, and be part of our success?
Production Team, reporting to the GIS & Remote Sensing Specialist
The purpose of the role is to work alongside the existing production team and assist with the production of geospatial data sets in a variety of formats, including raster and vector. The work will be a mixture of client project work and production of Bluesky’s own geospatial data suite.
The responsibilities for the position of GIS Analyst include but are not limited to:
- To work alongside the production team on data processing and manipulation, with emphasis on GIS production.
- To integrate multiple GIS and remote sensing data types.
- Develop flow lines to allow automated data processing.
- Assist colleagues with GIS queries.
- Assist with the growth of GIS “know-how” within the company and share and increase this knowledge.
- Work with the production and R&D teams to help develop new, innovative, methods and processes to generate efficiencies in time and costs within the production department.
- Assist the R&D team with the development on new products when required.
- Develop your own skills in GIS and remote sensing.
At all times behave responsibly and professionally. Bluesky is a dynamic, friendly and hard-working company with a “can-do” attitude. Teamwork is promoted throughout the company and across departments and you are expected to embrace and promote these Bluesky ethics.
- Must be eligible to work in the UK and communicate fully in English
- Organised with the ability to multi-task
- Analytical, numeracy and well-developed interpersonal skills
- Diplomacy and the ability to work to deadlines
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Experience & Education:
- A GIS degree or equivalent level qualification is preferred
- 2 years GIS industry experience
Package & Benefits:
- Salary + company bonus scheme
- Life insurance and company pension
- Sodexo discounts, benefits and childcare voucher scheme
- Free daily HIIT, Yoga, Bootcamp and relaxation sessions
Please email a CV and covering letter to: email@example.com Applications must include a CV.
Applications with no CV attached will be disregarded immediately.
Applicants MUST already be eligible to work in the UK. Applicants who are not eligible will not be processed for this role.
Bluesky is an Equal Opportunities Employer and is committed to the safety and wellbeing of all.