What do you do with my personal data?
We use your data to provide you with a high-quality service. That includes doing things like:
- Improving our products and services for you and other customers including managing your account, performing market research to and personalising our experiences to improve our products and services, and ensure you are kept in the picture;
- Providing you with the products and services you have selected, keeping you up-to-date and informed and responding to your enquiries such as notifying you your data is available, highlighting products and services we think you will be interested in;
- Legal, regulatory or business reasons such as assisting with crime and fraud prevention, assessing credit risk when setting up accounts and ensuring we provide the products and services you have selected.
We may use information about you to:
- Improve our products and services
- Enhance and personalise the products and services that we offer you and to develop new products and services;
- Perform analysis and research and monitor usage and applications;
- Provide you with services and information Provide you with the products and services you have selected and to manage your account with us;
- Provide you with access to parts of the website;
- Contact you if necessary;
- Tell you about any new services or functionality;
- Market our products and services to you;
- Satisfy our legal, regulatory and business requirements
- Help us keep your account safe; Investigate any complaints or other enquiries that you raise;
- Assess credit risk.
We are allowed to use your information in these ways because:
- We need it to provide you with products and services and to manage your account or contract with us;
- We may need to use some of your information to comply with legal and regulatory obligations;
- We have a legitimate business interest in some uses of your information;
- You may have given your consent to us to use your data for certain activities, eg: marketing communications.
How long will you keep my personal data?
We keep information while you’re our customer and subsequently. We use your information to provide you with the products and services you have selected and for a variety of other reasons. For example, we might need to sort out complaints, prove that you purchased products from us, or follow our legal obligations. We may also keep information about how you use our products or services. In each case, the length of time that we need to keep the information may be different, but we will only keep the information for as long as we need it.
Who do you share my personal data with and why?
We will share your information in the following situations:
- With partners, suppliers, agents and subcontractors who help us deliver the products and services you’ve chosen to use;
- When you have provided your consent;
- When we have legal or regulatory requirements such as a credit reference agency.
We may share your information:
- With our current and prospective partners, agents and subcontractors (for example, service providers e.g. online payment systems and email marketing systems);
- With other companies in the Bluesky group, including their respective partners, agents and sub-contractors;
- With any relevant public authority or law enforcement agency;
- With any debt collection agency or credit reference agency;
- Where there is a change (or prospective change) in the ownership of Bluesky to new or prospective owners. In these circumstances we would require them to keep it confidential;
- Where we are required to do so by law, regulation or legal proceedings;
- Where we believe it is necessary to protect Bluesky or third-party rights and property;
- In response to a valid, legally compliant request by a competent authority;
- During emergencies when we believe physical safety is at risk;
- In response to a complaint that you have breached the services terms & conditions or any other product or service terms.
What data do you hold about me and how do I get it?
We collect information in three ways:
- Directly from you, such as information filled in on registration or subscription forms;
- From information you give us when you call contact us, e.g. via phone, or email
- From conferences and tradeshows, e.g. when you give us a business card.
We may collect such information as:
- Your contact information including name, address, email address and telephone number;
- Your order history and purchases;
- Your payment details including debit or credit card details, banking details;
- Your account settings; Your communications with us including orders, requests and complaints;
- Your activity/interactions on our website; Your device location data and Internet Protocol (IP) address;
- Your use of our services including but not limited to;
- Credit report information if you apply for a credit account with us;
- Data usage if you have accessed products through products services such as WMS.
How we collect information:
We collect information directly from you when you are asked to provide personal details about yourself, including but not limited to when you:
- Purchase products or services from us;
- Subscribe to our newsletters;
- Submit enquiries or comments to us or contact us;
- Where you participate in the Bluesky community by posting on our Blogs, Forums or helpdesks);
- Take part in market research; and/or;
- When you make changes to your account with us.
We may collect information about you indirectly:
- When you use our products and services, including but not limited to when you visit or browse our websites;
- From other third parties including service providers;
- We may also collect information about you from other sources, including but not limited to: credit reference agencies, business directories and other commercially or publicly available sources;
What rights do I have?
You have the following rights:
- To be informed about how we use your personal data (the purpose of this Privacy Notice);
- To update your personal data. (you will need to contact us);
- To ask us to delete your personal data. However, there may be circumstances where we are legally entitled to retain it;
- To get a copy of your personal data;
- To object to the processing of your data and have it restricted. There may be circumstances where you ask us to restrict the processing of your information, but we are legally entitled to refuse that request;
- To review some automated decision-making or profiling;
- The right to make a complaint to the Information Commissioner (www.ico.org.uk) if you think that any of your rights have been infringed by us.
To exercise any of your rights, you will need to contact our Data Protection Officer.
You will need to provide as much information as possible so that we can identity you. Bluesky is required to respond to your request within 1 month. Where requests are complex and excessive, Bluesky is permitted an additional 2 months to process your request. However, in these circumstances we would provide an update on your request within 1 month of receiving it. Bluesky reserve the right to charge an admin fee or refuse a request where requests for data are clearly unreasonable or excessive, particularly if they are repetitive.
How do I change my marketing preferences?
You can opt in and out of marketing communications at any time by contacting us. You can also opt out of marketing communications by following unsubscribe links at the bottom of any marketing emails received from Bluesky. We will never pass your personal data to a third party for marketing.
How do you ensure my data is secure?
Bluesky is committed to keeping your data secure. We use a variety of security technologies and procedures to help protect your personal data from unauthorized access, use or disclosure. Security of Communications
Please be aware that communications over the Internet, such as e-mails, are not secure unless they have been encrypted. Your communications may route through a number of countries before being delivered – this is the nature of the World Wide Web/Internet. Bluesky cannot accept responsibility for any unauthorised access or loss of personal information that is beyond our control.
Non-EEA Use of Information
The information you provide to us may be passed to third parties located outside the European Economic Area. Countries outside the European Economic Area do not always have strong data protection laws. However, we will always take steps to ensure that your information is used by third parties in accordance with this policy.
This can be done in a number of different ways, for instance:
- The country that we send the data to might be approved by the European Commission;
- The recipient company might have signed up to a contract obliging them to protect your information; or;
- The recipient is located in the US and is a certified member of the EU-US Privacy Shield scheme.
In other circumstances the law may permit us to otherwise transfer your information outside the EEA. In all cases, however, we will ensure that any transfer of your information is compliant with data protection law.
How can I contact you about my personal data?
If you would like more information or would like to raise any queries with us in relation to your information, you can contact us by writing to the Data Protection Officer at:
The Data Protection Officer Bluesky International Limited
The Station Station Road Ashby de la Zouch
Tel: 01530 518518